The kingdom of Bambapuang is located in the province of Sulawesi Selatan, District of Enrekang. It is the oldest kingdom in south Sulawesi.
District of Enrekang
Line of kingdoms on Sulawesi: link
Foto kingdoms on Sulawesi
Video sejarah kerajaan-kerajaan di Sulawesi
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi, 40.000 BC – 2018: link
– Video history kingdoms on South Sulawesi, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi Tenggara, 50.000 BC – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on North Sulawesi, 4000 BC – today: link
About the kingdom of Bampapuang
Story below is from: Muh. Muchtar Ro-e
The kingdoms in South Sulawesi know TOMANURUNG mentioned in the lontara. Tomanurung ruled in Bambapuang and resided at the top of Bambapuang mountain, the highest mountain in South Sulawesi. Dewata had sent three Tomanurung as envoy to earth and they developed into big family.
The three Tomanurung were Tomanurung Wellangdilangi, Tomanurung Tamborolangi and Tomanurung Embongbulan (female) respectively.
The three Tomanurung as adults had plans to live independently. One day they asked the Gods to help to leave the top of Bambapuang mountain and at the same time ask to be given the provision of life in the world and Dewata decided as follows:
1. Tomanurung Wellangdilangi remained at the top of Bambapuang and was given the provision to live in a world of stale quick food (rice). Tomanurung Wellangdilangi married Maccirangka and this family is hereditary and is a family derivative of kings from Bugis Makassar and Mandar.
2. Tomanurung Tamborolangi was given the opportunity to leave the top of Bambapuang mountain and choose to go to the land of Matarikkallo / Tana Toraja; there married Sondabilik which has become a derivative of kings in Matarikkallo / Tana Toraja / Puang Makale.
3. Tomanurung Embongbulan / women was given the opportunity to leave the top of Bambapuang mountain and choose to cross the ocean and to Kaluppini there married Palippada and this is the derivatives of Sawerigading and kings in Luwu (Palopo).
Source (all indon. language)
– Sejarah Kabupaten Enrekang: https://massenrengpulu.wordpress.com/pertama/sejarah-kab-enrekang/
– Sejarah Enrekang di Wiki: Wiki