The Kingdom of Kolana is located on the island of Alor. District of Alor. Prov. of Nusa Tenggara Timur.
Location of the island of Alor
Location of the island of Alor
* Foto kingdom of Kolana: below
– Video history kingdoms on Nusa Tenggara Timur: link
About the king
Info from Crown Prince of Kolana (august 2014), Pdt Timotius Eko Pujianto Makunimau STh:
The name of the last king is Rugter Gerson Makunimau. He died in 2005. And I am his olderst child.
Crown prince Teddy Makunimau with wife and son. 2019.
Info from Theodora Makoenimau (des. 2017):
Google translation !
King during Dutch colonial period was King Christofel Makoenimau, at that time Markus Makoenimau (the young king) was the aide of Christofel king.
After the independence of Indonesia Markus Makoenimau replaced king Christofel with the status of “Swap of the King” in 1946 – 1962.
And at that time Willem Makoenimau was as an assistent of the king (king of Muda).
After 1962 Willem Makoenimau succeeded King Mark Makoenimau as king of Kolana and at the same time as the First Sub-District Head of East Alor, whose territory included the kingdom of Kolana (which is now Alor Timur Subdistrict, Alor Timur Laut and Pureman).
The existing kingdom of heirlooms was an heirloom handed over by the Dutch in the form of the Royal Scepter indicating that King Mausina (Mika Makoenimau) was King Kolana.
And the royal heirloom (the Scepter of the Kingdom) is still there to this day and is in the kolana and guarded by the father of Joseph Makoenimau.
King of Kolana, with his staff, 1926.
History of the kingdom of Kolana
The Makunimau dynasty is one of the best dynasties in Indonesia. Already his ancestors were described as very welwilling and cooperating kings of Kolana.
Kolana is one of the four great empires in Alor: the others are Kui, Alor and Batulolong. Sometimes people, especially from outside the island, also take Mataru and Pureman into the list of Alor kingdoms. Pureman joined Kolana in 1927, but remained under the authority of the king himself; now under the title Kapitan.
Currently very popular Regent Alor / Pantar is also a member of the royal dynasty Kolana: Ir. Ans Takalepeta.
List of kings
1. Christofel Makunimau.
2. Wellem Christian Makunimau.
3. Rugter Gerson Makunimau
4. Putera Mahkota (2014): Timotius Eko Pujianto Makunimau
– Source: Pdt Timotius Eko Pujianto Makunimau STh, Putera Mahkota Kolana.
Kingdoms on the island of Alor
NB: kerajaan = kingdom
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Batulolong: http://jonlambai.blogspot.co.id/2010/11/ringkasan-sejarah-perjalanan-raja.html
– Injil masuk kerajaan Batulolong (2009): http://www.kompasiana.com/john.lambai.com/injil-masuk-kerajaan-batulolong-alor-ntt_55005c09a33311a872510cd6
– Daftar raja Batulolong sebelum penjajahan: http://jonlambai.blogspot.co.id/2010/11/ringkasan-sejarah-perjalanan-raja.html
– Daftar raja Batulolong abad ke-20, oleh D.P.Tick: https://batulolong.wordpress.com/2009/08/10/batulolongku/
– Tentang raja Batulolong (2008): http://indonesianrecretion.blogspot.co.id/2008/09/raja-constantijn-karimalei-of.html
– Sejarah pulau Alor di Wiki: link
– Alor duludan sekarang: http://alor-kenari.blogspot.co.id/2012/01/alor-dulu-dan-sekarang.html
– Sejarah Suku Alor: http://suku-dunia.blogspot.nl/2014/08/sejarah-suku-alor-di-nusa-tenggara.html
– Sejarah pulau Alor: http://posalor.blogspot.co.id/2014/02/sejarah-pulau-alor.html
– Masuknya Islam di Alor: http://bz69elzam.blogspot.nl/2008/08/sekilas-sejarah-masuknya-islam-di-alor.html
Foto’s were send by: Pdt Timotius Eko Pujianto Makunimau STh.
This is a photo of Mr Yusuf Makunimau. He is the elder in our family to be the land / village owner to guard the kolana area. Source: Rev. Timotius Eko Pujianto Makunimau STh, Crown Prince of Kolana
King Rutger Gerson
Grave of a king of Kolana