* Foto old Sulawesi, tribes on Sulawesi and ancient sites: link
About the king today (2018)
Mokole (king) Poleang the-34th: Mokole Nipon Muhammad Ali.
– Video penobatan raja poleang: link
History of the kingdom
The kingdom of Poleang was a part of the Bombana kingdom.
The Kingdom of Bombana had historical and cultural ties to the Kingdom of Luwu. King (Mokole) the first of Bombana, Mokole Dendeangi was the brother of Sawerigading, King of Luwu. Later, the Kingdom of Bombana was broken into three small kingdoms during the reign of Mokole Bombana Ke-III, Mokole Nungkulangi. Having three inheritors, the Kingdom of Bombana was broken into three kingdoms, namely:
* Kerajaan Kabaena (ruled by Queen Indaulu as Mokole Kabaena Ke-I or Raja Bombana IV),
* Kingdom of Rumbia Kerajaan Rumbia(ruled by Queen Tina Sio Ropa as Mokole Rumbia I or King Bombana IV), and
* Kingdom of Poleang (ruled King Ririsao as Mokole Poleang Ke-I or King Bombana IV). This division also ended the era of Bombana Kingdom hierarchy, and the beginning of the third era of the kingdom.
– Source: https://febryaristian.wordpress.com/2015/05/17/kerajaan-kabaena/
Source (only indon. language)
– History of Poleang: https://febryaristian.wordpress.com/2015/05/17/kerajaan-kabaena/
– Video penobatan raja poleang (2017): link