The kingdom of Belayu was located on Bali, District Tabanan. Belayu was a kingdom under the kingdom of Kerajaan Mengwi. Founded in 1649.
Location district of Tabanan
* Foto kings on Bali today: link
* Foto kings of Bali in the past: link
* Foto Bali in the past: link
* Foto old sites on Bali: link
* Foto puputan Denpasar, 1906: link
* Foto puputan Klungkung, 1908: link
About the kingdom of Belayu
During the time of kingdoms on Bali, the village of Kuwum was the kingdom of Belayu; and Belayu was subordinate to the king of Mengwi, The history of the Kingdom of Belayu and Mengwi are closely related according to the first mengwi chapter of Mengwi Kingdom I Gusti Agung Putu raised by King Marga I Gusti Ngurah Bebalang. I Gusti Agung Putu is the grandson of I Gusti Agung Maruti, the Grand Chief of the Kingdom of Gegel who once contacted King Gegel Dalem I Made in 1651-1670.
For the full history, klik here (indon. language)
Kingdoms on Bali around 1900
Puri (palaces) on Bali
Puri on the island of Bali is the name for the residence of Balinese aristocrats, especially those who are still close relatives of Balinese kings. Based on the system of division of triwangsa or caste, the castle is occupied by aristocrats who are knights.
Puri on Bali are ruled by a descendant of the king, who is generally elected by the puri kinship institution. The leader of the puri, who is generally the leader of the puri kinship institution, is usually referred to as the Penglingsir or Pemucuk. The royal descendants can be identified by the titles in their names, for example Ida I Dewa Agung, I Gusti Ngurah Agung, Cokorda, Anak Agung Ngurah, Ratu Agung, Ratu Bagus and others for men; as well as Ida I Dewa Agung Wife, Dewa Ayu, Cokorda Wife, Anak Agung Wife, and others for women.
Pura (temples) on Bali
A pura is a Balinese Hindu temple and the place of worship for adherents of Balinese Hinduism in Indonesia. Pura’s are built in accordance with rules, style, guidance and rituals found in Balinese architecture. Most pura’s are found on the island of Bali, where Hinduism is the predominant religion; however many puras exist in other parts of Indonesia where significant numbers of Balinese people reside. Mother Temple of Besakih is the most important, largest and holiest temple in Bali.
– For more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balinese_temple
Besakih Temple is a temple complex in the village of Besakih on the slopes of Mount Agung in eastern Bali. It is the most important, the largest and holiest temple of Hindu religion in Bali, and one of a series of Balinese temples.
Source Belayu (only indon. language)
– Sejarah Belayu: http://blogdesakuwum.blogspot.co.id/p/sejarah.html
Source Bali (only indon. language)
– Sejarah pulau Bali di Wiki: link
– Asal usul sejarah pulau Bali: http://asal-usul-motivasi.blogspot.co.id/2012/02/asal-usul-sejarah-pulau-bali.html
– Sejarah pulau Bali: http://www.id.baliglory.com/2015/06/bali-pulau-dewata.html
– Sejarah Bali kuno masa 1343: http://rah-toem.blogspot.co.id/2011/10/sejarah-bali-kuno-masa-1343.html
– Sejarah adanya Kasta di Bali: http://inputbali.com/sejarah-bali/sejarah-adanya-kasta-di-bali
– Sejarah Bali 1914-1950: http://www.kompasiana.com/jurnalgemini/sejarah-bali-1914-1950-an-1-dari-pariwisata-eksotis-ke-nasional_551f83ec813311186e9de31f
– Leluhur orang Bali Aga, penduduk asli pulau Bali: http://jadiberita.com/1007/leluhur-orang-bali-aga-penduduk-asli-pulau-bali.html
-Agama Hindu Bali: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agama_Hindu_Bali