The Kingdom of Kubu was founded 1772. Located on Sumatera, in the District of Rokan Hilir, province of Riau.
* Foto ancient sites, tribes on Sumatera, old Sumatera: link
History of the kingdom
The kingdom of Kubu is a kingdom in the Rokan area.
Kubu Kingdom was a kingdom or region in Rokan Hilir district. According to the history Kubu kingdom was founded in 1667. Tuanku Raja Hitam was a nobleman from rawo country or swamp country, west sumatra. Tuanku Raja Hitam came to this region accompanied by his advisors and his assistents, Datuk penghulu Musa, Datuk Merah and Datuk Kecil. In addition, in the group of Tuanku Raja Hitam, there were three people calle hulubalang, the commander of sati, commander of kalingo sutan, and commander hundero. Tuanku Raja Hitam set up a settlement that would become a country in Kubu. Tuanku Raja Hitam was crowned as king of this country.
Rokan region, prov. of Riau
Kingdoms in North Sumatera, 19th century
List of kings
4 Jun 1823 – 1949 Dutch protectorate.
* 1772 -1795 Saiyid `Aydarus Al `Aydarus
* 1795 -1829 Saiyid Muhammad bin `Aydarus Al Aydarus
* 1829 -1841 Saiyid Abdul Rahman bin Muhammad Al `Aydarus
* 1841 -1864 Saiyid Ismail bin Abdul Rahman Al `Aydarus
* 1864 -1900 Saiyid Hasan bin Abdul Rahman Al `Aydarus
* 1900 -1911 Syarif Abbas Al `Aydarus
* 1911 -1921 Syarif Zainul Idris ibni al-Marhum Syarif Ismail
* 1921 -1943 Syarif Salih bin Syarif Idris Al `Aydarus
* 1943 -1958 Syarif Hasan bin Zain
(head of the Governing Committee to 1946, then
chairman of the Council of Regency to 16 Aug 1949)
– Source: link
History of the kingdoms in Rokan area
Rokan is the name of a river that divides the island of Sumatra in the middle, empties to the North of the Island (the Strait of Malacca). This area is the area of the kingdom of Rokan Tua, known to exist in the 13th century, when it was recorded in the “Kertagama Country” by Prapanca, written in 1364 AD.
Until now the name Rokan also still exists as can be seen in the development of Rokan Tua’s kingdom until now. According to Muchtar Lutfi, Wan Saleh in the history of Riau, who became the King of Rokan in the 14-15th century were descendents from Sultan Sidi, brother of Sultan Sujak, described in the book Sulalatus Salatin, which states that the king of Rokan is the son of Sultan Sidi brother of Sultan Sujak.
The Rokan Kingdom is based in Koto Intan, a place near Kotolamo and moved to Pekaitan and eventually moved to Rantau Kasai (in Siarang-arang). After that there is no mention of the name Rokan Kingdom again.
Rokan region were divided in Rokan Hilir and Rokan Kanan.
(Nb: kerajaan = kingdom)
Rokan Hulu was split up into 5 kingdoms:
* Kerajaan Tambusai in Dalu-dalu,
* Kerajaan Rambah in Pasirpengarayan,
* Kerajaan Kepenuhan in Kototongah,
* Kerajaan Rokan IV Koto, in Rokan,
* Kerajaan Kuntodarussalam in Kotolamo.
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Kubu: http://wartasejarah.blogspot.co.id/2015/12/kerajaan-kerajaan-kecil-di-kabupaten.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Kubu di riaudaily: http://www.riaudailyphoto.com/2010/02/kerajaan-kubu.html
– Sejarah Kubu: http://kuburohil.blogspot.co.id/2013/11/normal-0-false-false-false-en-us-x-none.html
– Sejarah Kab. Rokan Hilir di Wiki: Wiki
– Daftar Raja Kubu: link
– Sejarah Kab. Rokan Hulu: http://www.riaudailyphoto.com/2013/03/profil-kabupaten-rokan-hulu.html
– Kab. Rokan Hulu di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabupaten_Rokan_Hulu
– Asal mulanya Kab. Rokan Hulu: http://herwandisahputra.blogspot.co.id/2014/10/kabupaten-rokan-hulu-adalah-kabupaten.html
– Sejarah Kab. Rokan Hilir: http://www.riaudailyphoto.com/2013/03/profil-kabupaten-rokan-hilir.html
– Kab. Rokan Hilir di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabupaten_Rokan_Hilir
– Sejarah Rokan Hilir: http://www.putramelayu.web.id/2014/05/sekelumit-sejarah-rokan-hilir.html