The kingdom of Tiworo is located on Sulawesi, in Kec. Tiworo, District of Muna, prov. of south-east Sulawesi.
* Foto kingdom of Tiworo: link
About the king
King of Tiworo: Omputo Sangia Sidamangura II La Ode Soleh Mangkauwany. Foto 2017.
History of the kingdom
The Kingdom of Tiworo was a kingdom under the sultanate of Buton. In Southeast Sulawesi there were several kingdoms, as Buton Kingdom, Konawe Kingdom, Mekongga Kingdom, Tiworo Kingdom and Kaledupa Kingdom. Some other information also mentioned the existence of the Kingdom of Kabaena, Kingdom Poleang and Kulisusu. There are several opinions, which state that prior to the founding of the Muna kingdom, to the northwest of the island of Muna there was the Tiworo kingdom. Tiworo Kingdom was once involved in a war with the Muna Kingdom during the reign of the king of La Ode Husein (Omputo Sangia) due to political devide et impera by the Dutch (Dutch sheep race politics). After that, the Kingdom of Tiworo emerged again after Omuto Sangutu’s grandson (Wa Ode Kadingke) established the Tiworo Sultanate to defeat King Muna La Ode Sumaili.
– Source: http://www.munaraya.com/mengenal-dan-sejarah-singkat-kerajaan-muna/
Part of South East Sulawesi (incl. Buton) today
Benteng (fortress) of Tiworo
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah Muna, Tiworo: https://formuna.wordpress.com/raja-raja-muna/raja-muna-xxiii-la-ode-sumaili-gelar-omputo-ne-sombo/
– Sejarah kerajaan Tiworo: http://kerajaantiworo.blogspot.co.id/2011/09/informasi-mengenai-masa-lampau-tiworo.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Muna, Tiworo: http://www.munaraya.com/mengenal-dan-sejarah-singkat-kerajaan-muna/
– Posisi Tiworo dalam kesultanan Buton: http://kerajaantiworo.blogspot.co.id/2011/06/posisi-kerajaan-tiworo-dalam-kesultanan.html
– Benteng kerajaan Tiworo: http://yanifatmawati.blogspot.co.id/2012/03/benteng-tiworo.html