The Kingdom of Endekang was a kingdom in the District of Enrekang, prov. South Sulawesi.
This kingdom exists siince the 14th century.
The title of the king is Arung.
District of Enrekang
Line of kingdoms on Sulawesi: link
Foto kingdoms on Sulawesi
Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi, 40.000 BC – 2018: link
– Video history kingdoms on South Sulawesi, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi Tenggara, 50.000 BC – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on North Sulawesi, 4000 BC – today: link
KINGDOM OF ENREKANG
History of the kingdom of Enrekang, 14th century
Since the 14th century, this area is called Massenrempulu ‘which means marginalize the mountain or along the mountain, while the Enrekang name from Endeg which means Rise From or Climbing and from here the origin of the name Endekan.
Historically, in the beginning Enrekang Regency was a large kingdom called Malepong Bulan, then this kingdom is Manurung with a federation that combines 7 regions / kingdom better known as the “Pitue Massenrempulu” federation, namely:
NB: kerajaan = kingdom
- Kerajaan Endekan ruled by Arung/Puang Endekan
- Kerajaan Kassa ruled by Arung Kassa’
- Kerajaan Batulappa‘ ruled by Arung Batulappa’
- Kerajaan Tallu Batu Papan (Duri) which was an alliance of Buntu Batu, Malua, Alla’. Buntu Batu ruled by Arung/Puang Buntu Batu, Malua ruled/Puang Malua, Alla’ by Arung Alla’
- Kerajaan Maiwa ruled by Arung Maiwa
- Kerajaan Letta‘ ruled by Arung Letta’
- Kerajaan Baringin (Baringeng) ruled by Arung Baringin.
Pitu Massenrempulu occurred in the 15th century. But around the 17th century Pitu Massenrempulu changed its name to “Lima Massenrempulu”, because the kingdom of Baringin and the Letta kingdom did not join the Massenrempulu federation.
Five Massenrempulu consisted of:
Because the Politics of Devide At Impera the Dutch government broke this area with the Decree of the Royal Dutch Command (KORTE VERKLARING) where the kingdom of Kassa and the kingdom of Batu Lappa was put into Sawitto. This occurred ± 1905 (XX century), so to remain in the state of FIVE MASSENREMPULU, the kingdoms within it are broken down into:
* Buntu Batu
During the dutch time the kingdoms were called “Landschap”.
List of kings kerajaan Endekang
After the reign of Tanriangka as Arung (Raja) Enrekang I , the list of rulers is as follows:
- Takke Buku Arung Enrekang II, Putri daughter of Tanriangka .
- I Kotang Arung Enrekang III, son of Takke Buku name husband: Mappe Tangka Arung Buttu.
- Bissutonang Arung Enrekang IV, son of I Kotang from the mother Passoloi.
- Maemuna Arung Enrekang V, daughter of Bissutonang.
- Baso Panca Arung Enrekang VI, son of brother Maemuna who was called Mappa Tunru
- Masagumi Arung Enrekang VII, daughter of Baso Panca .
- Tuang Lala Arung Enrekang VIII, son in law from Tanri Sessubrother of Baso Panca .
- Arung Enrekang IX (name not known) , son of Masagumi Arung Enrekang VII.
- Baso Enrekang Arung Enrekang X, son of Tuang Lala Dari wife’s name: I Billang (Arung Gilirang).
- Wetonang Arung Enrekang XI, son of Baso Enrekang .
- Pancaitana Bunga Walie Arung Enrekang XII, daughter of Wetonang name wife: Towaccalo’ (Arung Maewa).
- Andi Ahmad Arung Enrekang XIII, step child from Pancaitana Bunga Walie (he was heir of the kingdom).
- Andi Muhammad Tahir Arung Enrekang XIV, (last one) a heir of the kingdom of Enrekang who lived in Soppeng. Andi Muhammad Tahir was maried with Andi Dio (datu Lompulle).
* ….Princess Regnant Takkebuku
She was the first known ruler and daughter of Chieftain Tanriangka Patta Taulanand Danrakati Patta Tinggalung. Her son, was succeeded by daughter.….
* Princess Regnant .Kota
Succeeded by daughter Bissu Tonang
* …..Princess Regnant Bissu Tonang
Diganti / Succeeded by son Andi Mappatunru
* Until 1915 Princess Regnant Andi Pancaetana
Her successor, Patta Ahmad ruled until 1934.