The Kingdom of Kassa is a kingdom in Sulawesi, District of Enrekang, prov. of south Sulawesi.
The title of the king is Arung.
District of Enrekang
Line of kingdoms on Sulawesi: link
Foto kingdoms on Sulawesi
Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi, 40.000 BC – 2018: link
– Video history kingdoms on South Sulawesi, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi Tenggara, 50.000 BC – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on North Sulawesi, 4000 BC – today: link
KINGDOM OF KASSA
History of the kingdom of Kassa
Pinrang area before the 20th century was a royal territory called the Kingdom of Sawitto. This kingdom oversaw small kingdoms, such as Batulappa, Kassa, Suppa, Alitta, Sidenreng, Rappang.
These kingdoms formed a entity called “Five Ajattappareng”. Five Ajattappareng, was a treaty covenant agreed by 5 kings in a meeting, that took place in Suppa in the 15th century, covering the kingdom of Sawitto, Suppa, Sidenreng, Rapang, and Alitta. Then joined also the kingdoms of Batu Lappa and Kassa kingdom, which were member Massenrempulu fellowship.
Since the XIV century, this area is called Massenrempulu ‘which means marginalize the mountain or along the mountain, while the Enrekang name from Endeg means Up From or Climbing and from here the origin of the name Endekan.
List of kings (Aru / Aroa)
1880: Kearuan Kasa dibentuk / state founded.
* 1880 – 25 Mar 1897: Samang
* 1897 – 9 Oct 1940: I Buabara (f)
* 24 Oct 1936 – 9 Oct 1940: Andi Coppo -Regent
* 9 Oct 1940 – 1 Mar 1952: Coppo
* 1952 – 1960: Dirman Toro Puang Larung
– Sumber / Source: http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Indonesia_princely_states2.html
Since the XIV century, the area of Enrekang is called Massenrempulu ‘which means marginalize the mountain or along the mountain, while the Enrekang name from Endeg which means Rise From or Climbing and from here the origin of the name Endekan.
Historically, in the beginning Enrekang Regency was a large kingdom called Malepong Bulan, then this kingdom is Manurung with a federation that combines 7 regions / kingdom better known as the “Pitue Massenrempulu” federation, namely:
NB: kerajaan = kingdom
- Kerajaan Endekan ruled by Arung/Puang Endekan
- Kerajaan Kassa ruled by Arung Kassa’
- Kerajaan Batulappa‘ ruled by Arung Batulappa’
- Kerajaan Tallu Batu Papan (Duri) which was an alliance of Buntu Batu, Malua, Alla’. Buntu Batu ruled by Arung/Puang Buntu Batu, Malua ruled/Puang Malua, Alla’ by Arung Alla’
- Kerajaan Maiwa ruled by Arung Maiwa
- Kerajaan Letta‘ ruled by Arung Letta’
- Kerajaan Baringin (Baringeng) ruled by Arung Baringin.
Pitu Massenrempulu occurred in the 15th century. But around the 17th century Pitu Massenrempulu changed its name to “Lima Massenrempulu”, because the kingdom of Baringin and the Letta kingdom did not join the Massenrempulu federation.
Five Massenrempulu consisted of:
Because the Politics of Devide At Impera the Dutch government broke this area with the Decree of the Royal Dutch Command (KORTE VERKLARING) where the kingdom of Kassa and the kingdom of Batu Lappa was put into Sawitto. This occurred ± 1905 (XX century), so to remain in the state of FIVE MASSENREMPULU, the kingdoms within it are broken down into:
* Buntu Batu
During the dutch time the kingdoms were called “Landschap”.
Source (only indon. language)
– Daftar raja Kassa: http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Indonesia_princely_states2.html
– Sejarah Kabupaten Enrekang (Massenrempulu): https://massenrengpulu.wordpress.com/pertama/sejarah-kab-enrekang/
– Sejarah Enrekang di Wiki: Wiki
– Sejarah Massenrempulu: http://matabugis.blogspot.co.id/2016/05/sejarah-kerajaan-massenrempulu.html
– Suku Massenrempulu: https://www.kompasiana.com/taufikhasyim/mengenal-suku-massenrempulu-di-kabupaten-enrekang_552b8e306ea83426158b4570
– Sejarah asal mula Enrekang: http://indryqhy.blogspot.co.id/2013/10/tamanurung-dari-bambapuang.html