The kingdom of Tallo (15th century – 1856) was located in south Sulawesi; District Gowa, prov. South Sulawesi.
In the late 1530s or early 1540s, the kingdom of Gowa won the war against the kingdom of Tallo and its allies. The kingdom of Gowa became the most dominant kingdom and was recognized as an elder brother by the Tallo kingdom.
* Foto kingdom of Tallo: link
Line of kingdoms on Sulawesi: link
Foto kingdoms on Sulawesi
* Foto kings on Sulawesi today: link
* Foto kings on Sulawesi in the past: link
* Foto old sites on Sulawesi: link
Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi, 40.000 BC – 2018: link
– Video history kingdoms on South Sulawesi, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi Tenggara, 50.000 BC – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on North Sulawesi, 4000 BC – today: link
Facts of history
* bf.1500: Tallo state founded.
* 13 May 1668: Dutch protectorate.
* 1777 -1780: Administrative chaos under Sankilang.
* 2 Aug 1780: State interrupted by Netherlands colonial government.
* 1811: Interruption continued under British colonial government.
* 23 Jun 1814: Independence recovered.
The kingdoms of Gowa and Tallo formed an alliance in 1528, giving birth to an empire that is better known as the kingdom of Makassar. Makasar was the name of the capital of the kingdom of Gowa.
The most famous king of this kingdom was Sultan Hasanuddin, who fought the Makasar War (1666-1669) against the VOC, assisted by the kingdom of Bone, which was ruled by Arung Palakka. Makassar war was the biggest war ever done by the VOC in the 17th century. Eventually the Dutch conquered the royal capital of Makassar. And it forced Makasar to sign the 1667 Treaty of Bongaya in 1667.
Although the agreement has been held, the resistance of Makasar against the Dutch continued. Even after the replacement of Sultan Hasanuddin by Mapasomba (son Hasannudin) the resistance against the Dutch continued.
To deal with the resistance of the people of Makassar, the Dutch send a large army. Finally the Netherlands could take full control of the kingdom of Makasar.
For more in english see: link
List of kings
- Karaeng Loe ri Sero’ mid-15th century
- Tunilabu ri Suriwa (putera) c. 1500
- Tunipasuru’ (putera) ?-c. 1540/43
- I Daeng Padulu (putera) 1540/43-1576
- I Sambo (puterputerai) 1576-90
- Tunipasulu’ (son) 1590-1593
- Karaeng Matowaya, Abdullah (paman) 1593-1623
- Karaeng Kanjilo, Muzaffar (putera) 1623-1641
- Karaeng Patingalloang (saudara) 1641-1654
- Harunarrasyid (putera Karaeng Kanjilo) 1654-1673
- Abdul Qadir Mappajanji (putera) 1673-1709
- Sirajuddin Mappaurangi (putera) 1709-1714
- Najmuddin I Manrabia (putera) 1714-1729
- Sirajuddin Mappaurangi (second time) 1729-1739
- Safiuddin Karaeng Limpangang (putera) 1739-1760
- Tu Timoka (cucu Najmuddin) 1760-1761
- Abdul Qadir Karaeng Majannang (cucu Karaeng Patingalloang) 1761-67
- Sitti Saleh I (Ratu dari Taeng) 1767-1777
- interregnum 1777-1814
- Sitti Saleh II (puteri Safiuddin) 1814-1824
- Abdul Rauf Karaeng Limbangparang (saudara) 1824-1825
- I Kumala Abdul Kadir (putera) 1825
- La Odanriu Karaeng Katangka (paman) 1825-1845
- Aisyah (sister) 1845-1850
- La Makkarumpa Daeng Parani (cucu La Odanriu) 1850-1856
Graveyard of the kings of Tallo
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Tallo Wiki: link
– Sejarah kerajaan Tallo: http://gowa-negeri1001cerita.blogspot.co.id/2014/04/sejarah-kerajaan-tallo.html
– Sejarah Kesultanan Gowa di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kesultanan_Gowa
– Sejarah kesultanan Makasar di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kesultanan_Makassar
– Daftar Raja Tallo: http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Indonesia_princely_states2.html
– Daftar Raja Tallo: http://jejakcelebes.blogspot.co.id/2012/06/silsilah-raja-raja-tallo.html
– Situs komplex makam raja Tallo: http://www.haeruddinsyams.com/2014/05/situs-sejarah-kompleks-makam-raja-tallo.html
– Asal usul kerajaan Gowa Tallo: http://youchenkymayeli.blogspot.co.id/2012/10/asal-usul-kerajaan-gowa-tallo.html
Facebook: Kerajaan Tallo