The kingdom of Noemuti is located on the island of Timor, District Timor Tengah Utara, provinsi Nusa Tenggara Timur.
District Timor Tengah Utara
Location of Timor
About the king today
Hironimus Salem, oldeest son of the last fettor, Antonius Mikel Salem
History of the kingdom
Noimutti became a part of Dutch-Timor officially in 1916. Made part of Miomaffo principality, with which it had no ties. Noimutti was a sort of churchstate; founded by the Roman Catholic Portugese church. The rule of the Rajas were replaced by the church. Ca. 1800 there was a short rule of a Sonbai prince. When the Portugese removed their central rule from OEcusse Embeno area to Dili, the government influence of the church also became lesser. A brother of the Liurai of OEcusse Ambeno, greatgrandfather of the presaent Raja, became the first Raja of Noimutti of the da Costa dynasty. In the Dutch time the Dutch choose to let Noimutti be ruled by the Fettor (vice-Raja) dynasty of N.:the Salems, because the da Costa’s were considered as being to much pro-Portugese. Later the Raja dynasty came back shortly before the WW II. Later on (after WW II) the Salems began again the actual rulers of the area, but the da Costa’s remained as the Raja-dynasty. The present Raja is not installed officially, but you could name him Raja anyway.
– Source and see fore more: link
Map of kingdoms on Timor, 1900
List of kings
* 1749-1752: Leu Sonbai alias Alfonso Salema
* 1757: Antonio da Costa,
* 1800: Richardus Sonbai sampai 1800
* Dom Domingos I. (?)
* Dom Domingos II (?)
* 1879: Don Matheus Costa I. untuk 1879
* 1879-1896: Dom Domingos III. Pantai,
* 1896-1915: Dom Domingos da Costa IV
* 1915-……..: Fettor Koko Salem
* 1940-1953: Don Matheus V.
* 1953 – ……: Dom Miguel
* Dom Antonio?
- Manuel Fernandes (capitão fl. 1702)
- Richard Luis Sonba’i (18th century?) [son of a Sonba’i ruler]
- António da Costa (fl. 1761) [brother of Topass leader Gaspar da Costa I]
- Miguel de Sarayva (fl. 1766)
- Mateus da Costa (?-1890s) [son of Gaspar da Costa II of Oecussi]
- Domingos da Costa (1890s-1917; died 1941) [son]
- Noimuti incorporated in Amakono 1917
Middle: Fettor Antonuius Mikel Salem (died 1972) with local rulers.
Old maps of Timor
For old maps of Timor 1521, 1550, 1600, 1650, 1733, 1700-an, 1762, 1900: klik here
Timor tahun 1521
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah lengkap kerajaan Noemuti: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=465189110190153&story_fbid=623984244310638
– Daftar Raja: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=465189110190153&story_fbid=623984244310638
– About Noemuti (english) (2005): link