The kingdom of Belantu was located on the island of Belitung, prov. of Bangka Belitung.
* Foto of the island of Bangka Belitung: link
History is the kingdom of Belantu
Belantu kingdom, the third Kingdom (the other two kingdoms are Badau and Balok) was a part of the region of Ngabehi , kingdom of Balok. The first king was Datuk Ahmad (1705-1741), who was titled Datuk Mempawah. While the last king was named KA. Umar.
History of the island of Belitung
Belitung is an archipelago, which had in the past several kings. At the end of the 7th century, Belitung was recorded as a part of the Kingdom of Srivijaya, then when the Majapahit Empire became strong in 1365, the island became one of the bastions of this kingdom. Only in the 15th century, Belitung got administration rights. But even then not for long, because when Palembang was ruled by Cakradiningrat II, the island was soon conquered by Palembang.
The kingdoms on Belitung were:
* Kingdom of Badau,
* Kingdom of Balok,
* Kingdom of Belantu,
* Kingdom of Buding.
1821, Belitung Island entered the territory of the UK. The British Resident in Bangka appointed a king of Siak to rule Belitung, because on this small island there was often resistance led by traditional elders. Based on the decisions of the Commissioner General of the United Kingdom on 17 April 1817, the British handed over Belitung to the Kingdom of the Netherlands. On behalf of Her Majesty the Queen of the Netherlands, was appointed a Resident Assistant to run the government in Belitung Island.
At that time Belitung was divided into six regions, namely:
* Tanjungpandan dan Gantung/Lenggang directly under the administration of Depati;
* Badau, Sijuk, Buding and Belantu under the respective governments Ngabehi.
In 1890, the Ngabehi removed and replaced with the District Chief.
– Source Wiki: link
Source (only indon. language)
– Tentang kerajaan Belantu: http://belantu.blogspot.co.id/
– Tentang kerajaan Belantu: http://bangka.tribunnews.com/2011/04/03/kerajaan-belantu-menguasai-membalong
– 4 Kerajaan di Belitung: https://belitungpojok.wordpress.com/2011/11/18/masa-kerajaan/
– Sejarah Belitung / Badau di Wiki: link
– Sejarah pulau Bangka: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulau_Bangka
– Sejarah pulau Belitung: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulau_Belitung