The kingdom of Belantu was located on the island of Belitung, prov. of Bangka Belitung.
Left: island of Bangka, right: island of Belitung
Location prov. Bangka Belitung
* Video history kingdoms on Bangka-Belitung, 1st century AD – today: link
KINGDOM OF BELANTU
History of the kingdom of Belantu
Belantu kingdom is thought to have emerged along with the widespread influence of Islam in Belitung in the late 17th-early 18th century.
Founded by Datuk Ahmad with the title Datuk Mempawah (1705-1741), from West Kalimantan. At first the center of the kingdom was located at the foot of Mount Luday, and the area was called Belantu. This kingdom later became the Ngabehi region of the Balok Kingdom and their descendants had the title Kyai Agus. During the reign of KA Deraip (1851-1870) the center of government was moved from Luday to Membalong. Based on the records of the Belitung people’s struggle in 1924-1950, it is stated that the Belantu kingdom was a part of the Ngabehi region of the Balok kingdom.
The first king was Datuk Achmad (1705-1741). Datuk Achmad had the title of Datuk Mempayah.
* KA. Tining,
* K.A Kedjur,
* K.A. Deraip (1851-1870),
* K.A Ali,
* K.A. Adam,
* KA. Azan,
* K.A Umar.
Sampel cap Ngabehi Belantu koleksi tokoh pemerhati sejarah dan budaya Belitong, Salim YAH. repro petabelitung.com
History of the island of Belitung
Belitung is an archipelago, which had in the past several kings. At the end of the 7th century, Belitung was recorded as a part of the Kingdom of Srivijaya, then when the Majapahit Empire became strong in 1365, the island became one of the bastions of this kingdom. Only in the 15th century, Belitung got administration rights. But even then not for long, because when Palembang was ruled by Cakradiningrat II, the island was soon conquered by Palembang.
The kingdoms on Belitung were:
* Kingdom of Badau,
* Kingdom of Balok,
* Kingdom of Belantu,
* Kingdom of Buding.
1821, Belitung Island entered the territory of the UK. The British Resident in Bangka appointed a king of Siak to rule Belitung, because on this small island there was often resistance led by traditional elders. Based on the decisions of the Commissioner General of the United Kingdom on 17 April 1817, the British handed over Belitung to the Kingdom of the Netherlands. On behalf of Her Majesty the Queen of the Netherlands, was appointed a Resident Assistant to run the government in Belitung Island.
At that time Belitung was divided into six regions, namely:
* Tanjungpandan dan Gantung/Lenggang directly under the administration of Depati;
* Badau, Sijuk, Buding and Belantu under the respective governments Ngabehi.
In 1890, the Ngabehi removed and replaced with the District Chief.
– Source Wiki: link
Source (only indon. language)
– Tentang kerajaan Belantu: http://belantu.blogspot.co.id/
– Tentang kerajaan Belantu: http://bangka.tribunnews.com/2011/04/03/kerajaan-belantu-menguasai-membalong
– 4 Kerajaan di Belitung: https://belitungpojok.wordpress.com/2011/11/18/masa-kerajaan/
– Sejarah Belitung / Badau di Wiki: link
– Sejarah pulau Bangka: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulau_Bangka
– Sejarah pulau Belitung: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulau_Belitung