The Kingdom of Sekala Brak is located at the foot of Mount Pesagi (highest mountain in Lampung), Prov. Lampung, Sumatra.
After the arrival of the Four Umpu from Pagaruyung, who spread Islam, the Kingdom of the Hindu Skala Brak then changed to Kepaksian Sekala Brak, consisting of 4 Paksi.
The Kingdom of Skala Brak is already known in the 3rd / 4th century.
About the king of Paksi Pernong
Present Sultan (2019): Pangeran Edward Syah Pernong, Sultan ke 23.
History of the kingdom of Skala Brak
Kepaksian Skala Brak existed already in the 3th / 4th century. It was a Hindu kingdom. The existence of the kingdom is based on evidences of historical relics, like the existence of a big slate in Bunuk Tuar, the kepapang stone and the site of Bekhak.
The kingdom of Skala Brak collapsed, when Islamic teaching started to come in this area.
There were 4 princes of Pagaruyung, who arrived in Skala Brak. These 4 princes were Umpu Belunguh, Umpuh Pernong, Umpu Berjalan di Way and Umpu Nyerupa.
In Skala Brak those 4 Umpu’s established an association named Paksi Pak.
The 4 Umpu’s had a big role in establishing Skala Brak Kingdom. Later this kingdom was divided in 4 regions and each of the 4 figures became its leader:
1. Umpu Bejalan Di Way ruled in the region of Kembahang and Balik Bukit; this region was called Paksi Buay Bejalan di Way,
2. Umpu Belunguh ruled the region Belalau, this region was called Paksi Buay Belunguh,
3. Umpu Nyerupa ruled the region Sukau, this region was called Paksi Buay Nyerupa,
4. Umpu Pernong ruled Batu Brak, this region was called Paksi Buay Pernong.
So, the governmental structure of Skal Brak kingdom was divided into 4 Paksi’s: Buay Bejalan di Way, Buay Belunguh, Buau Nyerupa and Buay Pernong.
– For full history see: http://melayuonline.com/eng/history/dig/409/skala-brak-kingdom
List of kings of Paksi Pernong
1. Ratoe Pernong
2. Oempoe Semula Jadi
3. Oempoe Semula Raja
4. Raja Selalau Sangoen Guru
5. Oempoe Depati Nyalawati
6. Ratu Depati Raja Sutan
7. Raja Dunia
8. Batin Sasuhunan
9. Oempoe Batin Ratu
10. Raja Dunia Muda
11. Pangeran Singa Diraja
12. Pangeran Poerba
13. Pangeran Alip Jaya
14. Pangeran Batin Sekehandak
15. Pangeran Batin Pasirah Purbajaya
16. Pangeran Sempurna Jaya
17. Sutan Makmur Dalom Nata Diraja
18. Sutan Lela Muda
19. Sultan Sempurna Jaya
20. Sutan Raja Selalau Dengian Paksi
– Source: link
Source Paksi Pernong (indon. language)
– Site tententang Paksi Pernong: link
– Daftar raja: link
– Raja pangkat Brigjen. (sept. 2013): link
– Pesan Raja (sept. 2013): link
– Tentang istana kepaksian Pernong: http://buaypernong.blogspot.co.id/2008/12/lamban-gedung.html
Source kingdom Skala Brak (english)
– History of kingdom of Skala Brak: http://melayuonline.com/eng/history/dig/409/skala-brak-kingdom
– History of kingdom of Skala Brak: http://fakhri-tutor.blogspot.co.id/2009/10/kingdom-brak-scale-language-indonesia-1.html
Source kingdom of Skala Brak (only indon. language)
– Sejarah Skala Brak di Melayuonline: link
– Sejarah Skala Brak di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepaksian_Sekala_Brak
– Sejarah Skala Brak dan daftar raja: http://up45.kelaskaryawan.co.id/_b.php?_b=info&id=41700#Berdirinya_Kepaksian_Sekala_Brak
– Sejarah Skala Brak: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1363447
– Sejarah Skala Brak: https://khufronimi9.wordpress.com/sejarah-kerajaan/
– Sejarah Lampung: https://supriliwa.wordpress.com/sejarah-lampung/