The region of the Mandailing People is located in the Prov. of North Sumatera.
Meanwhile, Mandailing Julu is dominated by the Lubis Clan. They occupy the area from Laru and Tambangan to Pakantan and Hutagodang.
In addition to the clan Nasution and Lubis, Mandailing also was inhabited by clans like Pulungan, Rangkuti, Batubara, Daulay, Matondang, Parinduri, Hasibuan, and others. Although these clans differed entirely into Mandailing, no one wanted to be referred to as immigrants. All of them feel as Mandailing natives.
1) The Mandailing Godang area with the clan of Nasution, descendants of Sutan Diaru. There are 10 Panusunan (kingdoms):
- Penyabungan Tonga.
- Huta Siantar.
- Pidoli Dolok.
- Gunung Tua.
- Gunung Baringin.
- Penyabungan Julu.
- Aek Nangali.
- Muara Soma.
- Muara Parlampungan.
2) The Mandailing Julu area, from the Clan Lubis, descendents of Namora Pande Bosi; there are 7 Panusunan (kingdoms):
- Raja (king).
- Namora Natoras.
- Assistents of the king Raja and others.
1) The king
There are several kind of kings, with their own duty and task.
1) King of the Panusunan (Koeriahoofd).
The highest king of the Huta (village) and at the same time as King Huta in his own Huta.
2) Raja Ihutan (Onderkoeria). He is king of Huta (village) under the King of Panusunan.
3) King Pamusuk (Kampoenghoofd). The king who leads a Huta (village) under King Ihutan and King of Panusunan.
4) King Sioban Ripe. He is under King Pamusuk, who dwells together in one Huta.
5) Suhu. He is under King Pamusuk and King Sioban Ripe.
In 1906 the title of King of Ihutan (Onderkoeria) and King Sioban Ripe was abolished by the Dutch Government and Ihutan (Onderkoeria) was designated the Chief of the Curia (Koeriahoofd).
Until now there are only:
1) King of the Panusunan. King Panusunan is the highest ruler of several villages (Huta); he has the authority to oversee some of the King of Pamusuk (Head of Kampung).
2) King Pamusuk. King Pamusuk is a subordinate of King of Panusunan and submits to King Panusunan both in terms of custom and in terms of government. King Pamusuk in carrying out his duties is autonomous within his own village.
Source (only indon. language)
– Kerajaan kerajaan Mandailing: https://radarmandailing.blogspot.co.id/2016/11/kerajaan-kerajaan-di-mandailing_9.html
– Sistem pemerintahan raja panusunan di Mandailing: http://patuandolok.blogspot.co.id/2010/02/sistem-pemerintahan-raja-panusunan-di.html
– Tambo raja raja Mandailing: http://thegreatmandailing.weebly.com/translation.html
– Marga Mandailing: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marga_Mandahiling
– Sejarah Suku Mandailing: http://geschiedenisfarizpratama.blogspot.co.id/2015/11/sejarah-suku-mandailing-sumatera-utara.html
– Sejarah Mandailing Natal: http://mandailing1993.blogspot.co.id/