The kingdom of Balinggi is located in sub-district Balinggi, District Parigi Moutong, provinsi Sulawesi Tengah.
District Parigi Moutong
About the kingdom
There is only the info below about this kingdom.
In the house of the penghulu of Balinggi were 2 mythical figures. Both were nurtured and raised by the head of the village of Balinggi and announced to the people that the two men would be made into a pair of kings and queens, because they were not human beings but gods. They were married until a boy named “Siominanga” was born. He also had several siblings until both his parents passed away.
As the successor of the king, Siominanga was appointed as his father’s successor. He is known as Mokole Siominanga, which means king of Siominanga. He no longer finds it difficult to rule, because he has always been with his father since his childhood. He is also liked by his people. The kingdom of Balinggi reaches the height of its glory under his rule. Some jealous kings like the king of Bada, Lore, Napu, and Besoa are located south of the kingdom of Balinggi. Three times they attacked the kingdom. The first attack launched by the king of Bada, but was successfully broken by Balinggi. The kingdom of Bada joined the kingdom of Napu to attack Balinggi, but the attack was successfully paralyzed by the kingdom Balinggi. The next attack of the kingdom of Bada, the kingdom of Napu, and the kingdom of Besoa rejoined to attack the kingdom of Balinggi and still succeed their halau. Although human casualties are falling until blood flows the river that floods the villages.
War is not over yet. The real enemy, the Dutch came. Kingdom of Balinggi refused the arrival of the Dutch because according to the news, they are very difficult to be expelled. Several times the Dutch attacked the kingdom of Balinggi with weaponry through the sea route, until the kingdom of Balinggi was repulsed back to their other areas of power.
List of kings
The ruling kings of Balinggi:
1) 1516-1593: Magau / Pue Pilingi took control of the Balinggi area and its surroundings, and in 1516, which also coincided with the entry of the Portuguese.
2) 1594-1644: Magau / Pue Mbula, son of King Pue Pilingi who succeeded him as king. At that time there was already Dutch rule in Indonesia, and it is known that King Pue Mbula died at the end of 1644.
3) 1645-1745: Magau / Pue Furi. He is the son of the king of Pue Mbula, and he has also faced hawkers, namely the Dutch.
4) Magau / Pue Loto, son of Pue Furi, fought against the Dutch between 1746-1793, and this was the most courageous king and ruled for approximately 47 years.
5) Magau / Pue Sanggi Bulawa is the only child of Raja Pue Loto, adopted as the King / Queen of the ruler of the Balinggi Kingdom in power between 1792-1852 and ruled for about 60 years and died at the end of 1852.
Here are two daughters of the king / queen of Pue Sanggi Bulawa, namely Princess Anaria and the second Princess Mpae Bulawa. And of the two princesses, the first to marry was Mpae Bulawa and she was the Queen of the kingdom or the ruling King.
6) 1853 -1900: Ratu Mpae Bulawa Kerjaan Balinggi has been in power for 45 years and from 1853 -1900 she was hostile to the Dutch colonialists.
7) 1901-1917: Siombinanga as the last Magau / King of Balinggi kingdom was in power for about 16 years, also from the descendants of the queen Mpae Balawa.
8) As the successor to the throne was his son Siombinanga, namely Koroma until Indonesia’s independence from 1917-1945.